Every brand believes its customer service is excellent. In reality, however, customer service is mediocre among brands. Experience is usually unpleasant, unpleasant, unsatisfactory, sometimes humiliating and definitely expensive.
Good customer service is an integral part of business. They have significant brand and business goals, such as customer satisfaction, loyalty, retention, recurring shopping, sales and revenue. In the light of these business implications, brands are constantly being pressured to improve their customer service judgment.
Improving customer service can not be so difficult. This can happen if organizations think about certain business strategies. In my opinion, the following eight strategies are very important for improving customer service:
1) Engage in business planning: The amount and nature of service requirements depends on many other functions. Organizations need to integrate customer service requirements into all aspects of business activities, such as product design, procurement, manufacturing, management, pricing, communication, people, and culture. This would help organizations better prepare themselves for service events, while providing customer service to the whole organization.
2) Changing Service Attitude: Despite the critical business, the customer service function does not respect the same thing as many other features. Many people find they are dirty, casual and unpleasant. The service center's appearance and resources are always much lower, especially in sales and marketing. If an organization manages the service feature in this way, customers will probably receive the same treatment from service features.
The organizational attitude of the organization reflects its attitude towards clients. Management needs to go far beyond mere serving if other members of the organization respect customer service and customers.
3) Integrate with Marketing: Customers are an important source of marketing. They are the most trusted branding ambassadors, their verbal recommendation is much more effective than all other marketing activities. Given the importance of marketing, organizations should only focus on marketing for customer service and, if necessary, create a separate customer marketing function in order to better protect, feed, and use their essential assets (customers). Integration with core marketing also eliminates service stigma.
4) Profit Center Approach: Many organizations are trying to gain profits through customer service. In the profit center approach, revenue-generating activities such as maintenance contracts, spare parts and expensive call charges are more important than the business goals mentioned above. Sales at low margins are usually the reason for approaching the profit center. Increasing profits by using the service would otherwise work, as customers also consider service fees to be low if the purchase price is low. Expensive service fees also force customers to choose cheaper third-party services.
Brand and business goals serve the purpose of customer service. The collective value of these business measures will always be higher in the short term and in the long run than the profits from the normal service activity. A profit center or a cost center approach, ignoring business goals, would be detrimental to the brand.
5) Acceptance of retention pricing: Product pricing should include acquisition costs and retention costs, including service costs. Reducing service and cost savings to make the sales price attractive, only forces the brand to recover lost margins through later transactions.
It is a mistake to believe that customers do not deserve the good service just because the sales price was low. Every customer, regardless of the price he has paid, is expecting a good service. Product prices should therefore have sufficient room for maneuver to meet their expectations.
6) Managing Expectations: Customers have explicit and implicit service expectations. Exceptional expectations are the basis for the claims and promises made by the brand at the time of purchase. The brand fully controls the expressed expectations. Based on the implicit expectations, it is much more difficult to measure and manage the brand image, status, reputation and brand-priced premium of customers.
Most often, organizations only measure explicit obligations. The lack of identification and measurement of implicit expectations is a major reason for the gap in understanding the quality of the service provided and the perception of customers about the service received. Customer service judgment will only improve if both expectations are met.
7) Recognition of role change: Brands bring sales emotional levels, but serve the rule book. However, customers buy rationally, but are emotionally responsive to product and service defects. If you recognize this role, brands can better appreciate the pain of the customer and accept the right service response. Brands have to remember that they are not dealing with unsuccessful products but people with emotions that are caused by inappropriate products. The emotional approach to the service, like the sales pitch, can work better than a rational answer.
8) Focus on customer comfort; not yours: Most service facilities and procedures are not customer friendly. Server centers are far away, locations are remote, phone lines are always busy, timing of service centers is always at odds with customers' working time, and the waiting time at the service center is always long. Additionally, if you are asking such clients to fill long forms, to answer questions (often questionable and structured that the client feels he is responsible for the problem), unexpectedly waiting, listening to the rules and rules being ignored and humiliating.
These inconveniences deter customers from choosing a corporate service. Removing such irritants – besides improving customer experience – would also encourage more customers to choose a corporate service for third-party service. Increasing service revenue as more customers choose the enterprise service needs to compensate for the cost of customer service to increase service costs.
Source by sbobet