The importance of risk analysis in software projects is judged by the fact that the software development lifecycle is considered complete unless it is actively involved in areas with different types of risks
The vulnerable areas covered by risk analysis
1) Risk assessment
2) Risk Characterization
3) Communication of Risk
4) Risk Management
The following terms of risk analysis should be clearly understood
This method serves to identify and evaluate different factors that may endanger the success or goal of a project. These factors may be a threat to the project. Therefore, the risk analysis involves the scientific evaluation of the threats to the attainment of organizational goals
. The risk analysis technique helps preventive measures to reduce the likelihood of such threats. This includes the identification of various countermeasures with which such restrictions can be successfully addressed with a view to avoiding the devastating effect of the body's competitiveness.
One of the risk analysis tools in the IT sector is the FRAP (Facilitated Risk Analysis Process)
What is a Risk Assessment?
The risk assessment involves knowledge of the amount and quality of the risk associated with the known threat. The program covers a thorough assessment of existing safety and environmental aspects in order to assess the likelihood of adverse effects of the organization's threats. Risk Assessment is the first and most important step in the risk management process
What is Business Impact Analysis or BIA?
Business Impact Analysis means the process of exploring critical functions for the organization. The result of the Business Impact Study is to distinguish the critical and non-critical functions of the organization. Function can be considered critical if its consequences are unacceptable to the organization or when required by law or the customer requires or limits its internal activity or has unacceptable financial consequences
What is risk management?
Risk management is a structured methodology to address the threat associated with uncertainty. Risk Management includes the development of risk management strategies or the transfer of risk to another party
– Measures to avoid total risk
– Measures to reduce adverse effects are the inevitable risk
– The specific risk accepting part or all of the risk.
Only some of the software product risks are listed below:
The size of the software product can also be a threat if it suddenly shows a big deviation from expectations. In line with the best expectations, we compare product expectations with similar situations in the past and lessons learned from past events.
– Threat to Product Size May Be Hazarded
– Threatening the number of users who use the product may be a threat
– The perception of the size of a related database may be a threat
] – Unchecked product changes in the product may compromise product size
2) Business Impact Effects:
There are certain threats or risks that may affect your business performance. These risks are similar to the following:
– The quality of the software product that influences the company's revenue
– Product distribution dates affecting the company's business, including late delivery costs
– Non-consistent customer needs [
– Insufficiency of Help / Documentation as Customer Expectations
3) Risks related to Customers:
Every customer has a different personality, so they have a need. Customers are categorized as follows by their behavior and response to a product delivered to them
– Type of customer who happily accepts the product as when shipped
– The type of complainant customers & usually generally ripples the quality of the product shipped them. Such clients pose a reasonable amount of risk to the project manager managing the project
– Type of client who has past relationships with the product development company
– Type of customers who have the right technical knowledge of the product  – Types of customers who are familiar with the use of the product
– Customers who are familiar with the software development process
– Type of client who is ready to participate in the review process in SDLC
– Type of client who is not very know the product and begin to use it when & when
– The type of customers who are technically clear on product needs / expectations clearly defines the scope of the project
4) Risks related to the software development process:
A clear definition of the entire process of software manufacturing is paramount to product success. The badly designed process leads to a software product that poses a great threat to itself and to the organization.
Follow-up of the Guidelines / Checklist may be useful in identifying threats to software development and design countermeasures
– Ensure availability of a documented procedure for developing a software product
– Ensure that a product development team (whether in-house, whether or not a third party is a member of a third party), all participants are faithfully following the documented process
– provide a mechanism available to monitor the activities and performance of third-party developers and testers, if any
– Ensure that someone is actively involved , who regularly monitors technical reviews by development teams and testing groups.
– Ensure the availability of the configuration management mechanism to ensure the consistency of the design, development and testing of the product in order to ensure that the product has been in accordance with specified essential requirements
– ensure that the mechanism for managing change is made available on the product requirements raised by the customer from time to time. Such a system should be able to analyze the impact of such changes on the software product
5) Risks related to the development technology:
Technological factors often pose a great threat to the success of the software product. Guidelines / checklists can help identify technology threats and design countermeasures
– A new technology can pose a threat to the organization
– Unless an inadequate interface is some of the new configurations developed between software and hardware, it can be a threatening factor .
– Unless the database system's operation, performance, and interface are proven in the application area concerned, there may be a threat.
– Certain highly specialized or highly specialized interfaces may also pose a potential threat to the product.
– The issue of specific requirements for specific types of design and testing tools and techniques may be of concern
– The requirements of the customer for structured requirements may be too high for product performance
– Product Loss Inefficiency y Measures and quality indicators available to product development teams may compromise the appearance of poor quality products
6) Risks related to development and testing tools:
Various types of development and testing tools can often cause concern in SDLC
– Some Typical Analytical Methods Cause Concerns
– Some typical documentation methods may be of concern.
– Using some of the typical methods of test cases can be a cause for concern.
– Use of typical tools to manage the project's activities can be a cause for concern.
– The use of special tools for configuration management within SDLC is of concern
– The use of specialty tools for prototyping can be a cause for concern
software testing process can be a cause for concern
– Special Document Management tools can be of concern
7) Risks related to the development environment:
The product development environment also plays a key role in product success. The factors or situations described below may represent a degree of risk
– Appropriate Device Availability for Software Product Management and its Development Processes
– Appropriate Tool for Design and Analysis
– Devices for Designing and Analyzing Product Creation
– Availability of appropriate test tools with the product to be created
– Availability of suitable test tools by creating the product
– Availability of appropriate configuration management tools compatible with the product being created
– Compatibility of databases with their environment installed
– database compatibility or proper integration of all software tools with each other
– skills / training me the suitability of all the relevant team members for the use of the tools.  8) Risks related to development personnel quality:
The product leaving the hands of lower-skilled personnel must certainly endanger the body. The following checklist provides assistance in overcoming the shortcomings in this area
– Creating staff with the best skills of the project
– If a combination of different temperament and skills is important in a team.
– Availability of designated personnel throughout the project is of key importance. Project will be seriously affected If people leave for any reason
Source by sbobet